Perineal strength measurement study
According to the results of this study, 92% of the participants suffering from stress incontinence recovered completely after completing the course and practicing daily for 10 minutes. The rest of the patients (8%) included those who did not exercise at home upon completing the pelvic floor education programme. After three months the average increase of vaginal strength was 132%.
The measurements were carried out by Andrea Kriston (Pelvic Floor Education Specialist), Dr Zsolt Simon (Urologist) and Dr. Lajos Nagy (Gynaecologist-Urologist) in 2000; the team was led by Dr Janos Demeter (Gynaecologist-Obstetrician). The measurements were taken at St Rokus Hospital (Budapest, Hungary), using a perineometer placed in the vagina. Each participant was tested twice: first, when their doctors recommended they learn the Pelvic Floor Education Programme and second, once they had been practicing for 10 weeks.
Tagschildbirth faecal incontinence haemorrhoids incontinence menopause Merton midwife natural childbirth pelvic floor exercises pelvic floor muscles postnatal prenatal rectal incontinence relaxation sphincter law stress incontinence vaginal cones vaginal strength vaginal tightness vaginal weights women of child bearing age